Montvale, New Jersey

Mazda American Credit charges $3.67/day if you are late.In addition they charge late fees.

They are taking customers cars if they are 15 days late. I have found out through people in this field that they are doing this to make money. If this is the only way they can make money then I guess business isn't too good. They did this before - took the car for a total of two payments.

This time I didn't even owe two full payments but cleverly neglected to tell me that they added $60 in fees!

Say no to Mazda!

Had an Experience with Mazda American Credit?

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #757147

Same thing happened to me in Florida.We made payment arrangements and we were following thru with them and still they sent someone to pick up the car while we were sleeping!!!

We had all of our stuff in there so we had to wake up quickly and follow the tow guy. Next day we went to the lot, and whoever was in charged had the audacity to NOT let us take our belongings out!!! We showed the payment arrangement we had from Mazda in writing plus, they were taking the car- not our stuff. Still, when they seemed like were not going to give us anything, we called a friend of ours who's a cop and his sister is a lawyer and they showed up and threaten to sue if we didn't get our things.

Needless to say, they were very upset but when they called later apologizing for the mistake, it was too late. We never made a payment again on the remaining payments.

They screw our credit but they will NEVER get one cent from us.EVER!

My vehicle was repo after being 14 days late & moneygramming the paYMENT. tHEY FORGOT TO CALL THE REPO COMPANY AND ADVISE THEM THE REPO WAS DROPPED.

:cry

:cry

IT SEEMS THAT PEOPLE WHO HAVENT EXPERIENCED MAZDA HAVE NOTHING BUT HORRIBLE THINGS TO SAY TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.

MAZDA IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY...MAYBE THATS WHY THEY WERE BOUGHT OUT BY FORD?????????

Canas, Guanacaste, Costa Rica #33709

I understand what your saying, if you do not follow the terms of the contract they have every right to take your vehicle.True.Unfortunately what I didn't include is all the events.

The first time they took my car it was March, 2007. They APPROVED me for a new car loan in February of 2007. The dealer told me don't make the Feb payment because that would screw up their figures. The end of the month came, car came in and the dealer wanted another $2500 down.

I told them to take a walk. I then went looking at other dealers. Then at the end of March someone shows up in my driveway. Once again only 2 payments due.

Due to overwhelming legal fees I had fallen behind 4 payments at one point. There were no threats, as a matter of fact they worked with me. This time they called me on Sept. 2nd.

I made a full payment, balance due of $373.62. On Tues. Sept. 9th they called me and asked if I was making the $769 payment.

I asked them why would I do that after you took the car. She said she didn't know they picked up the car. HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW? She said they would not know for 24 hrs.

in addition they put the repo in on Sept. 2nd the same day I made a payment but they continued to call me and ask for the payment. I asked if they knew what they were doing. I was told by someone directly working with this company that they are doing it to make money.

It doesn't take them 24 hours to have this updated in their system. I know this...

You don't do what they want when they want it they will show you.They do talk to you like they are talking to a child.

Wait, you are mad because you are not paying your bill and Mazda took back their property? I'm all for protecting the consumer. But what about consumers who sign a contract then renege on it?